My Special Gifts & A “Must Read” For Summer
Aside from our God given talents, I believe we all also have “special gifts.” Mine include:
1. Being able to walk into any store and pick out the most expensive item without looking at the price tags.
2. Making a mean cup of juice (see recipe below and ask my brother).
3. Finding great first novels from up and coming authors (which I one day aspire to be) and then having to wait years for their next book.
Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler is my latest discovery. While some critics are calling it The Help meets To Kill A Mockingbird (both fabulous books), it truly stands just fine all on it’s own. Being a mutt myself, I’m always intrigued by the way authors handle the subject of inter-racial relationships (friendships included) and this book does a wonderful job right up to the very last page. So go make yourself a cup of juice, find a comfy chair and enjoy.
The Perfect Cup of Juice
– Glass full of Ice
– Ocean Spray Cran Apple Juice
– Vintage Mandarin Orange Seltzer Water
Fill the glass 2/3 of the way with seltzer water. Top with Cran Apple juice and enjoy.
*If you substitute the above brands I cannot guarantee the outcome.